Central Iowa veteran forms new business ‘Mission First’
A Central Iowa man’s passion to protect the public while employing fellow veterans led to the start a new business – Mission First Training Group, LLC.
Mike Hines of Conrad retired from the U.S. Army after more than 20 years of service.
He saw a business opportunity as a “win-win” for all.
“We found that there was a lack of emergency preparedness training and trainers to deal with this important subject,” he said.
As a result, Hines has been reaching out to prospective customers such as businesses, churches, school districts and more.
He is employing veterans who formerly served in U.S. military special operations forces, law enforcement and other professions.
“Our team members have real world experience to meet anyone’s training and planning assessments,” Hines said.
“I understand my fellow veterans offer many skills and understand the true value of training.”
Hines and his team
• Leadership and training development
• Emergency preparedness and response planning
• Emergency operation plans
• Situational awareness and self-defense techniques
• Hazard and vulnerability assessments
• Crime prevention through environmental design assessments
• Light search and rescue Operations
• Corporate level CPR and first aid
• Security assessments for residences, faith-based organizations and childcare centers.
The weekend blizzard caused Hines’ to cancel a Situational Awareness and Self-Defense Techniques event Friday and Saturday at the Conrad American Legion, but it will be rescheduled later.
“Investment in training and development is generally regarded as good management practice to maintain appropriate expertise now and in the future,” Hines said.
For more information, contact Hines at 641-328-4380, email@example.com, or visit the businesses’ Facebook page.
Contact Mike Donahey at 641-753-6611 firstname.lastname@example.org