Residents asked to stay home, avoid travel
A civil emergency has been declared in Marshalltown and the city is asking residents to take note of some things as emergency response efforts continue.
• Please refrain from unnecessary travel. There are power lines and trees down throughout the community. Avoid unnecessary travel so first responders and utility workers can safely perform their duties.
• Marshall County 911 is operational. Please refrain from calling 911 for non-emergency problems. The non-emergency number is 641-754-5725.
• Do not call 911 or the non-emergency number to ask questions about the weather, the power being out or blocked streets.
• If there is a natural gas leak at or near your home or place of business, immediately evacuate and call 911.
• Marshalltown Transit has shut down bus routes. Tuesday’s schedule is to be determined.
• Place vegetative debris on the curb. Do not place construction debris on the curb until further notice.
• Stay home. Stay away from down power lines.
• Power remains out in Marshalltown. Alliant is aware and working to restore it. Residents should be prepared for power to remain out for an extended period.
• The city council meeting for Monday has been canceled. An emergency meeting of the city council is being planned for noon on Wednesday.
City crews are working quickly to clear debris from roadways.