• ISU Extension & Outreach: Eating Healthy & Homemade, 2 of 3-part series, 6 p.m., Statr Bank of Toledo Community Room, 100 E. High St., Toledo. Learn healthy eating and meal planning tips on a budget, time-saving strategies at home and in the crockery store, and food safety tips for crockpot and freezer meals. Participants will finish the series with a a $10 challenge at the grocery store that includes a $10 gift card. $15 registration fee
• Overeaters Anonymous, 11 a.m., at the Marshalltown Public Library
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Marshall County Pachyderm Herd, Noon, will meet at Legends American Grill, 2902 S. Center St. State Senator Bill Dix, Senate Majority Leader, will speak about his aspirations and vision for Iowa as well as what he hopes the Legislature will accomplish this session. There is a 50 cent good will offering to cover the cost of the guest’s lunch. Members of the public are invited to attend.
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Fundraiser: Honoring the life of Noah Ohrt, 4:40 p.m., until 12 a.m, AmVet Hall, Main Street, Lincoln. 4:30 p.m. Silent Auction. 6:30 p.m. Dinner. 8:30 p.m. The Dallas Moore Band will perform. Funds raised will be given to several entities, including the family of Keegan Dobbs, who is fighting wilms tumor cancer, and the Sarcoma Alliance.
• Tama Fish Fry, 5 p.m., VFW Club, 1625 E. Fifth St., Tama. Menu: fish, shrimp, combo, chicken strips, salad bar. Carry-outs available, free delivery, public welcome.
• Class on Yoga Nidra or Yoga of Sleep, 5:30 p.m., until 7:30 p.m. Nourish Health and Wellness
3109 S. Center St. Spaces limited/Call 641-328-4958 or go to www.staceyhuffmanyoga.com/scheduling to reserve a space
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 7 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St. This is a Beginners Meeting and open to the public.