Daily Record, June 21, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Jerri Joann Jarvis made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. Breanna Nelson is appointed as counsel. The pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on July 17 in Magistrate Court. Jarvis is released on her promise to appear.
• Rochelle Marie Hernandez made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Jennifer Frese will continue as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Hernandez is being held without bond.
• Scott P. Stalzer to Jacqueline R. and Jeremy W. Melton, 411 Swayze St.
• Joseph D. and Nicole A. Gorham to Aaron E. and Katelyn S. Betts, 400 N. Clinton St., Albion
• The Estate of John L. Kadner to Jonathan Kadner, 507 S. Fourth St.
• Joseph W. and Laura M. Long to Christopher R. Kick, 304 Third St. SE, State Center
• Jeanne M. Pforts to Jonnie Carpenter, 503-505 Owen St., Melbourne
• Edward and Natalia Peng to Brooke and Steve Bensema, 2407 New Salem Road
• Christopher Eugene and Elizabeth Huffey to Vridiana Ochoa, 210 N. Second St.
• Dale E. and Marsha J. Erwin to Shirley J. Smith, 1513 Summit St.
• Velma A. Sheller Trust, Joann M. and Wayne E. Katzer, Trustees to Nathan M. and Tara S. Diericks, 108 S. Eighth St.
• Daniel S. and Stephanie L. Roberts to Investment Group Inc., 712 Noble St.
• The Estate of John F. Veldey to Joel T.S. Greer and Sharon Soorholtz Greer, 112 W. Church St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, two hit and run accidents were reported in the 300 block of West Boone Street.
• On Wednesday, a burglary of a business was reported in the 400 block of Washington Street.
• On Wednesday, Alan Bonin, 48, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Wednesday, Jonathan Parker, 30, was arrested for burglary-third degree.
• On Wednesday, Kimberly Miller, 33, was arrested for theft-second degree-shoplifting.
• On Wednesday, erri Casteel, 46, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Shayleen Kay Wilson, 32, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Olive Street approaching the intersection with 12th Avenue when the driver initiated a left turn and collided with a vehicle driven by Kaylee Morgan Witzenburg, 22, which was traveling west on Olive Street. No injuries were reported. Wilson was cited for failure to yield upon a left turn. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,000 each.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Vernon Wilbur Jones, 87, of Clemons, was northbound on South Center Street stopped for a red light at Iowa Avenue when it accelerated colliding with the rear of a vehicle driven by Tina Marie Buchanan, 48, of Gilman, then veered off the roadway striking a tree, then came back into traffic before coming to a stop on the north shoulder. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Buchanan vehicle was estimated $3,500 while the Jones vehicle received an estimated $6,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Rochelle Marie Hernandez, 36, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Larry Robert Prusha, 27, was arrested on a warrant.