Daily Record, June 27, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Wednesday
• Shane Lee Charlton made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood causing injury charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on July 3. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Jason Michael Burns made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Burns is being held without bond.
• Travis John Davis made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a guilty plea hearing charge. Tyler Heeren will continue as counsel. The guilty plea must be filed by July 3. Davis was released on his promise to appear and ordered by the court to contact his counsel within 48 hours.
• Sara Lynn Roster, of Aplington, made an initial appearance on a dog at large charge and a no proof of vaccination charge. Roster pleaded guilty to the dog at large charge and the fine is set at $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days. Roster pleaded not guilty to the no vaccination charge and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on July 31 in Magistrate Court.
• Patrick Gene Radke, of Waterloo, made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge, a driving under suspension-failure to file an SR-22 insurance charge, a no insurance charge and a failure to obey a traffic control device charge. A preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on July 12. Radke is released on his promise to appear.
• Anna K. and Daniel Oswald to Par Meh and Pleh Reh, 213 Plaza Heights Road
• Craig A. Rozak to MSM Property LLC, 703 Henry Drive
• The Estate of Irma M. Henze to Adrianne Renee and Timothy William Mann, 205 Park Place Ave. NW, State Center
• Dewayne E. and Margaret L. Phillips to Heather A. Moore and Kori A. Moore, 2059 235th St.
• Judith L. and William E. Grimes to Rex M. McElroy, 1690 230th St., State Center
• Kip and Tara L. Weatherly to Cole Weatherly, 412 Woodbury St.
• Dennis M. Houlihan to Craig A. Rozak, 202 N. 16th St.
• The Estate of Avon T. Burt to Andrea K. Burt, 401 E. Ferner St. and 1838 Underwood Ave.
• Jade Ann Mina and Thomas R. McCoy to Jade Ann Mina and Thomas R. McCoy, 118 N. First St.
• Christopher L. and Jill A. Braye to Jeff A. and Keri C. Wonnell, 513 Friendly Drive
• Brenda C. and Manuel Neave Aguero to Catherine L. Gooding, 104 N. 10th Ave.
• Robert Backoff to Lodge Industries LC, 211 N. Second Ave.
• Beverly Hinshaw to Lucas and Sara Cross, 705 Circle Drive
• Anthony J. and Sarah M. Fitzsimmons, Sarah M. Leick to Dennis J. Fordice, 901 Jerome St.
• Keeley Sue Weeks to Donald Weeks, 1614 Summit St.
• SJ&ML Partnership to Orton Homes LLC, 3504 Merritt Road
• Paula Doehler Sprague and Stephen A. Sprague to Kristen Rose and Matthew Glen Morgan, 407 N. Fourth St.
• Investment Group Inc. to TR Home Rentals LLC, 112 E. State St., Gilman and 803 W. Boone St.
• The Estate of Lucille E. Bear to Leslie Sue Forrest, 2599 Timber Creek Road
• Donald W. Preston Jr. and Kendra M. Preston to Tiffany Thompson, 307 Third Ave., Haverhill
Marshalltown Police Department
• On June 19, a vehicle driven by Alexis Rae Turnbull, 23, of Marshalltown, was northbound on South Center Street at the intersection with Merle Hibbs Boulevard when it struck a pedestrian crossing the street and continued driving north. The pedestrian was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown with injuries. Turnbull was cited for leaving the scene of an accident and no insurance-accident. Damage to the Turnbull vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
• On Sunday, a vehicle driven by Luis San Roman Vazquez, 38, of Ames, was northbound on Third Street approaching the Boone Street intersection when it passed the stop sign and collided with a minivan driven by Lynn Louise Maas, 68, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Roman Vazquez was cited for no valid driver’s license and failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the Roman Vazquez vehicle was estimated at $2,500 while the Maas minivan received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
• On Monday, a car driven by Maung Htway, 33, of Des Moines, was northbound on the Frontage Road stopped at the intersection with Merle Hibbs Boulevard. Htway proceeded forward crossing the path of a car driven by Sharon Kay Clark, 79, of Marshalltown, resulting in a collision. Damage to the Htway car was estimated at $2,500 while the Clark car received an estimated $4,000 in damage.
• On Monday, a car driven by Clara Rodriguez Arellano, 36, of Marshalltown, was exiting a parking spot at Members1st when it collided with a vehicle driven by Craig Claire Ziemke, 69, of Marshalltown, which was pulling into a parking spot next to the car. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Rodriguez Arellano car was estimated at $1,800 while the Ziemke vehicle received an estimated $1,000 in damage.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an authorized burning at 200 S. Seventh Ave., a carbon monoxide detector activation-no carbon monoxide at 710 Woodbury St., an alarm system activation-no fire-unintentional at 402 N. 10th Ave., two dispatched/cancelled en routes to South Seventh Avenue and Turner Street and 402 E. Boone St. and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1211 W. State St., 3 S. Fourth Ave. and 417 Park St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a water or steam leak at 9 N. Sixth St., an unauthorized burning at 919 N. Fifth Ave. and four medical assists with the EMS crew to: 905 S. Sixth Ave., 212 Washington St., 8 Santa Barbara Drive and 1401 S. 17th Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/cancelled en route to 211 W. Church St., an alarm system activation-no fire-unintentional at 30 E. Main St. and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 505 Brentwood Road, 11th Avenue and Woodbury Street, 1516 E. Olive St., 417 Park St., 1211 W. State St., 808 Ratcliffe Drive and West Boone Street and Third Street.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an authorized burning at 1104 Jackson St. and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 402 Richard Lane, 310 S. Second St., 909 S. 12th St., 306 S. Fourth Ave., 2007 Bryngelson Drive, 114 N. 13th St. and 3 N. Fourth St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a motor vehicle accident with no injuries at East Olive Street and South Second Avenue and eight medical assists with the EMS crew to: 921 N. Third Ave., 505 N. 14th Ave., 108 N. Sixth St., 915 W. Merle Hibbs Blvd., 110 S. 10th St., 311 N. 11th Ave., 1504 S. Sixth St. and 301 N. 12th Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a service call to 3 S. Fourth Ave., an arcing, shorted electrical equipment at 502 N. Fifth St., a HazMat release investigation with no HazMat at 113 N. Second Ave., a cooking fire confined to container at 402 Plaza Heights Road and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1606 E. Nevada St., 800 E. State St., 102 W. Anson St., 1 W. Grant St., 1001 W. Iowa Ave., 508 Lee St. and 2 N. Second Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a power line down at 405 W. State St., an unauthorized burning at 515 Woodbury St., a sprinkler activation-no fire-unintentional at 607 N. Fourth Ave. and nine medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1503 Norris Place, 211 S. 16th Ave., 212 Washington St., 1110 May St., South Center Street and Iowa Avenue West, 307 N. Second St., 119 E. State St., 902 Benjamin Drive and 1007 Fremont St.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On June 13, a Jeep driven by Jacqueline Maxwell, 29, of Lakeview, was southbound on G Avenue south of 220th Street when it collided with the rear of a gravel truck driven by Robert Peters, 43, of Gladbrook. No injuries were reported. Damage to the gravel truck was estimated at $100 while the Maxwell Jeep received an estimated $3,000 in damage.