Daily Record, July 17, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Jorge Antonio Calderon Orozco made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver charge, a failure to affix a drug tax stamp charge, a speeding charge, a no insurance charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on July 25. Bond is set at $25,000 cash only. Calderon Orozco is under an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold.
• Naffrey Manrriique Hernandez Cerna made an initial appearance on a failure to file a written arraignment charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The arraignment hearing will be rescheduled for 1 p.m. on July 23. Hernandez Cerna is released on his promise to appear.
• Anthony Lee Kies made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. Christian Stickrod is appointed as counsel. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the Administrative Court Judge and the Department of Correctional Services. Kies is being held without bond.
• David Matthew Wells made an initial appearance on a extradition request from Texas. Jeffrey Hazen is appointed as counsel. The extradition hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Wells is being held without bond.
• Christopher Reid Salisbury made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a pre-trial conference charge. Salisbury will continue to represent himself before the court. The pre-trial conference is rescheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 9. Salisbury is released on his promise to appear.
• Skylar Johnson made an initial appearance on a trespass-first offense charge. Johnson pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Aug. 7 in Magistrate Court. Johnson is released on his promise to appear.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a theft was reported in the 200 block of North 10th Avenue.
• On Monday, a hit and run accident was reported in the 3000 block of South Center Street.
• On Monday, Deborah Specht, 59, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Monday, Kristopher Bates, 32, was arrested for child endangerment-no injury.
• On Monday, Christopher Salisbury, 35, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Beau Squires, 34, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Sunday, a car driven by Lisette Villarreal, 23, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Woodland Street stopped at the intersection with North Third Avenue when it proceeded forward crossing the path of a car driven by Cheryl Ann Rankin, 60, of Marshalltown, resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Villarreal fled the scene on foot. Damage to the Rankin car was estimated at $5,000 while the Villarreal car received an estimated $6,000 in damage.
• On Sunday, a motorcycle driven by Gregory Paul Stonewall, 64, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on East High Street when a loose dog jumped onto his front tire resulting in the motorcycle falling over to his right. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Stonewall motorcycle was estimated at $2,000.
• On Friday, a Jeep driven by Brenda Joyce Thomas, 66, of Marshalltown, was southbound on South Center Street when she attempted to turn left onto East Olive Street crossing the path of a car driven by Nathaniel David Copsey, 27, of Toledo, resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,500 each.
• On Friday, a pickup driven by Kyle Joseph Donohue, 52, of Marshalltown, was turning eastbound from Fourth Street onto West Main Street when it collided with a motorcycle driven by James L. Vint, 72, of Albion. Vint was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown by ambulance. Donohue was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the Donohue pickup was estimated at $50 while the Vint motorcycle received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Jorge Calderon Orozco, 24, was arrested for failure to affix a drug tax stamp, controlled substance violation, no valid driver’s license, no insurance and speeding.
• On Monday, Chelsy Johnson, 33, was arrested on a mittimus warrant on an operating while under the influence case.
• On Monday, Naffry Hernandez-Cerna, 18, was arrested on a warrant charging him with failure to file a written arraignment.