Daily Record, Nov. 8, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Donald Gene Hall made an initial appearance on two counts of a probation violation charge. Chad Frese will continue as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Hall is being held without bond.
• Hector Varela Jr. made an initial appearance on a warrant charging him with failure to appear for a contempt hearing/sentencing hearing. Breanna Nelson will continue as counsel. The contempt hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety.
• Miles Richard Riepe made an initial appearance on a possession of a controlled substance-third or subsequent offense-amphetamine salts, a theft-third degree charge and an unlawful possession of prescription drugs charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Nov. 27. Riepe is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Kevin Kyle Kroeger mada an initial appearance on a possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Nov. 15. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety.
• Derrick Henburg made an initial appearance on a trespass-first offense charge. Henburg pleaded guilty and the fine is $200 with a $70 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $455, due within 30 days.
• Jeffrey S. Graw to Matthew A. Czerniewski, 307 Thunderbird Drive
• Christopher J. Fifo to Nang Siang Aung Tun, Thar Bler and Sai Myint Tun, 608 Arlington Drive
• Nancy J. and Richard J. Vanderah to Brianna and Matthew Yates, 2338 Odessa Drive
• Julie A. and Terry L. Gray to Chase B. Brekke, 305 S. Jeffrey St., Le Grand
• David W. and Lois E. Wermager to Eric Meling, 305 Fifth Ave., Melbourne
• First United Methodist Church to Richard S. and Sammi J. Luse, 102 Columbus Drive
• Justin R. Anderson to Corey C. Anderson, 309 N. Third Ave.
• Wright Jasper Development III LLC to Betty Brezina Waterbeck and Bernard Waterbeck, 405 N. Vine St., Le Grand
• David M. Dolash to Joe D. Griego Jr. and Valerie M. Griego, 1806 Summit St.
• Ashleigh Degner, Ashleigh Grove to Melissa Brooks, 1105 W. Church St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, Hector Varela Jr., 31, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Derrick Henburg, 32, was arrested for trespass-first offense.
• On Wednesday, John Cooper, 60, was arrested for dogs at large.
• On Wednesday, Daniel Garr, 39, was arrested on a warrant.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Saturday, a burglary resulting in a theft was reported in Rhodes.
• On Wednesday, Robert Lynn Wallace III, 42, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Donald Gene Hall, 34, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Justin Immanuel Hernandez, 30, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Marcus William Leon Reeves, 21, was arrested on a warrant.