Daily Record, March 8, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Ryan David Tish made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a sentencing hearing charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The sentencing hearing is rescheduled for 3:15 p.m. on March 20. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Brynn Michelle Price made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Jeffrey Hazen is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Kathleen Amber Dolan made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge, a theft-second degree charge, a theft-fourth degree charge, a no insurance charge and a leaving the scene of an accident charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. on March 27. Dolan is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office by the end of work on Friday to sign a pre-trial release agreement.
• Jagger Cain Purk made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. Doug Beals will continue as counsel. The contempt hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Purk is released on his promise to appear. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Prosper Lutanda made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge, a speeding charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. Lutanda had already paid the fines on the speeding and driver’s license charges. He pleaded not guilty to the driving under suspension charge and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on April 10 in Magistrate Court.
• Luz Morciego made an initial appearance on a drag racing charge and a speeding charge. Morciego pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on May 8 in Magistrate Court.
• Joy M. Lager to Lori A. and Rick E. Speck, 124 Pleasant View, Gilman
• Rachel Danielle Lansan Hatch and David Lansana Hatch to Andres Lizarde and Maria Morales, 105 N. 25th St.
• Glenn E. and Rebecca E. DauSchmidt to Araceli Garcia and Sergio Verdinez Diaz, 203 E. High St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 1700 block of Edgebrook Drive.
• On Wednesday, Ramon Mora, 19, was arrested for carrying weapons.
• On Wednesday, Brynn Price, 33, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Merced Patlan, 24, was arrested on a warrant.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, a case of vandalism to a Honda CRV was reported in Marshall County. The incident is stil under investigation.
• On Wednesday, Jagger Purk, 25, was arrested for violation of a no-contact order.
• On Wednesday, Brynn Price, 33, was arrested on a warrant charging her with violation of probation, possession of a controlled substance-second offense, unlawful possession of a prescription drug and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Wednesday, Ryan David Tish, 33, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Trevor Ray Bingham, 22, was arrested on a warrant.
• On March 1, a pickup driven by Christina Rae Butler, 37, of State Center, was southbound on Edwards Avenue negotiating the curve to head east on 230th Street when it lost control on the icy roadway, struck a snowbank, lost control again and collided with a pickup driven by Michael Andrew Berardi, 24, of Des Moines, which was negotiating the curve in the opposite direction. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Berardi pickup was estimated at $6,500 while the Butler pickup received an estimated $3,500 in damage.
• On March 1, a car driven by Matthew Paul Vieth, 29, of Marshalltown, was leaving their home on Frontage Road to the north of Marshalltown Boulevard when it struck a Ford pickup which had slid down the driveway and was parked on Frontage Road. No injuries were reported. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $5,000 each.• On Tuesday, a vehicle driven by Robert Joseph Russett, 58, of Clive, was southbound on Highway 330 when it struck numerous large rocks in the roadway that he was unable to avoid because of other motorists. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Russett vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
• On Saturday, a minivan driven by Gage Matthew Gunderson, 18, of Melbourne, was northbound on Highway 330 when it collided with the rear of a minivan driven by Rex Allen Rhiner, 53, of Des Moines, causing it to leave the roadway and enter the ditch. Rhiner was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Gunderson was cited for following too closely. Damage to the Gunderson minivan was estimated at $15,000 while the Rhiner minivan received an estimated $10,000 in damage.
• On Saturday, a vehicle driven by Stephen Chase Sanders, 19, of Prairie City, was backing up in a parking lot when it struck the passenger side rear door of a Toyota Camry. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Sanders vehicle was estimated at $1,000 while the Camry received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
• On Sunday, a car driven by Kyle Michael Harris, 21, of Le Grand, was southbound on Reed Avenue when it collided with the rear of a pickup driven by Steve Graham McGill, 32, of Grinnell, which had put on his brakes to avoid another vehicle. No injuries were reported. Harris was cited for failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Harris car was estimated at $8,000 while the McGill pickup received an estimated $7,000 in damage.